As with all foods, in order to keep your favorites in your diet and lose weight, the key is in moderation when consuming them .
When you have your sights set on losing weight, it is normal for you to neglect many of your favorite foods. It’s a sacrifice many of us make to eliminate less healthy options and accelerate results.
It is clear that if your dietitian has recommended that you eliminate these foods from your diet, it is because it is the best. So you should try to eliminate them, even if it seems difficult at first. However, in some cases, Restricting the food you like completely can cause relapses to poor eating and overeating . This can make all your efforts to maintain a healthy diet in vain in a few days.
So what should you do? The answer is simple: keep your favorite foods on the diet to lose weight. What you should change are the portions what you serve and how often you consume them. This can help you better follow your diet plan or gradually eliminate those foods that you should not eat. To make this process easier, you can try these tricks:
Losing weight can be tough for bacon lovers. In most diets, this is usually prohibited due to the amount of fat it contains.
However, if you really can’t live without it, take a slice and chop it into very small pieces . Then add to any of your favorite dishes . This will add the flavor that you miss so much and you will be eating a very limited portion.
Use this trick when preparing your soups or baked potatoes. You can also take advantage of it to incorporate those vegetables that are not to your liking. For example, if you don’t like cauliflower, try sautéing it with a little bacon .
You anyway, avoid frying the bacon. With this cooking method, trans fatty acids will be generated, which have been shown to be harmful to health.
Fried foods prevent weight loss
There is no doubt that fried foods are some of the least healthy. This is especially applicable to those that are usually covered in bread or flour and dipped in plenty of oil.
However, some people are particularly fond of these types of preparations. If this is your case, you can reduce the thickness of the layer of bread or flour.
Also, instead of bathing your food in oil, you can spread it with a brush and put it in the oven . The result will be very similar in taste, but with a lower contribution of calories and fats.
The nuts in high amounts they contain quite a few calories and fat, but they are not really a fattening food. In fact, a balanced diet should include some variations of these fruits so that losing weight does not mean a reduction in vitamins.
Most nuts are full of healthy fats and protein. So they can help you avoid feeling hungry between meals. However, due to their amount of calories, it is recommended that you measure a portion before eating them. According to a study published in The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, the omega 3s found inside are capable of preventing the development of cardiovascular pathologies.
The carbohydrates in pasta are what give it a bad rap among those who want to lose weight.
The real problem is usually that people tend to eat more than one serving at a time. If we add unhealthy dressings and supplements to this, we understand that eating pasta is seen as a negative.
To keep pasta in your diet, it is recommended that you choose those that are made with whole grains. In this way the body will obtain more fiber, which will make you feel full for longer. There is evidence that the consumption of this substance stimulates the feeling of satiety, so try to choose whole varieties.
What’s more, It is recommended that you accompany your pasta with lean protein and a good portion of vegetables that help you quickly fill your stomach . As for dressings, use those that are low in fat and salt.
You don’t have to give up chocolate in order to lose weight. However, you should follow some recommendations when choosing the chocolate you will eat:
- Choose chocolate sour . The less sugar it contains, the better. The flavor of these types of chocolates is stronger, which is good, because it can help you eat more than you should.
- Avoid adding sugars . Some people choose to use dark chocolate but use it in combination with milk to lighten the taste. This is fine, as long as you don’t add extra sugar. It can be tempting but it is not recommended.
- Eat a small piece . Just because you get dark chocolate doesn’t mean you can eat as much as you want. The proper portion is a small square, which provides you with antioxidants but not too many calories.
The keys to losing weight
To conclude, a healthy diet should be varied and follow a series of rules:
- Control your portions . Remember that your metabolism will thank you for having to process small amounts of food throughout the day. This will keep you active and improve the way you take advantage of nutrients. In addition, you should also space out the intake of some of the foods mentioned here. The best thing is that if you are seeing a nutritionist, ask him for advice to include these foods in a healthy way in your diet.
- Exercise regularly. Leading a sedentary life will not help you lose the extra weight you have. Although a balanced diet is very important, the process of losing weight will be very slow if you do not force yourself to burn the fat that you have accumulated.
- Improve your sleep patterns . Sleeping well helps the body to better fulfill its functions. So, to sleep 7 or 8 hours is necessary.
Improve habits to lose weight without giving up the whims
As you can see, it is possible to lose weight without having to give up any of your favorite foods. It is simply necessary to adapt the cooking methods, the preparations or the number of times they appear in the diet. If you combine a change in dietary habits with the practice of physical exercise, the results are guaranteed.