The sausage quiche is a delicious snack for a great moment, in addition to being an option to give way to those ingredients that we have been left with other preparations and we do not want to waste. So keep in mind that quichés or salads are excellent proposals to avoid food waste, as well as allowing a wide variety of options.
Quiche sausage recipe
Here we bring you a recipe made with frankfurters, although this can vary enormously according to the alternatives you have in your refrigerator.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 3 large eggs
- 6 frankfurters
- 200 ml of cream
- 1 onion
- 50 grams of double cream cheese or grated mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- The first thing you should do is preheat the oven to 180 °.
- Spread the puff pastry on a round mold that you have previously greased.
- With a fork, poke the dough all over. It is essential that you cover the side edges of the mold with the dough and fix it, because if you don’t, when you bake it, it will go down and then there will be no way that you can fill the quiche. Now pre-bake the dough for 10 minutes.
Next steps of the recipe
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until well incorporated, then add the cream and pepper.
- Stir until the cream has mixed well with the rest of the ingredients and add half of the grated cheese.
- In a separate pan, heat a little olive oil and fry the onion, which we must first finely chop. Leave it on the fire until it is transparent, but before it turns brown.
- Remove it from the heat in a deep bowl and proceed to cut the sausages into thin slices, which you will fry for a minute in the same pan where you sautéed the onion.
- Then add them to the container where the onion is and set them aside.
- Give them a few minutes to soak up their flavors. Add the onion and sausages to the mixture.
- Stir all these ingredients very well so that the flavors are impregnated.
- Now what you should do is pour the mixture into the pre-baked dough, it is better that you do not demold it until everything is ready, make sure it does not spill on the sides and create an outer layer with the grated cheese that you have left over.
It’s almost ready…
- Your quiche is almost ready. You must return the mold to the oven, which should remain hot and leave it inside for about 30 minutes, you will see how it becomes fluffy and super juicy.
- Remove it from the oven and unmold, being very careful not to break the quiche.
- Once it’s done, you can serve it warm or room temperature – it’ll be delicious both ways.
When to take it?
This will make a great breakfast, or you can serve small portions as a starter for your lunch or dinner. Remember to also accompany it with a salad and a good drink and that’s it, to enjoy this dish that, although a product of recycling, is extremely tasty.
- We recommend using breeze dough in case you are not going to consume the quiche the same day, as it has a longer shelf life after it is prepared.
- You can really use the cheese that you like the most, it will affect the flavor of the recipe in the sense that it will add more or less salinity, so do not forget to check the salt.
- By piercing the dough you will prevent it from rising, which is vitally important for your recipe.
- You can choose to press the dough against the edges with the help of aluminum foil that you will remove once you pre-cook it.
- In case you want to give the onion more prominence, cut it into large pieces and leave it in the pan for less time when you are frying it. Or, on the other hand, take it raw to the oven, this will depend entirely on your taste.