When it comes to consuming vegetables, many diners think of the classic salads or soups. However, eating vegetables doesn’t have to be boring; with an original vegetable pudding even the children will accept them without problem.
To vary the menu and present an attractive, healthy dish, full of vitamins and nutrients, nothing better than following the step-by-step of the following recipes for vegetable pudding. In addition, they are very economical and you can take advantage of all the vegetables that are in the refrigerator.
Vegetable pudding three colors
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups of cooked potato (360 g)
- 3 cups of cooked carrot (360 g)
- 2 ¾ cups of cooked spinach (500 g)
- ½ cup butter (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic, minced ( 20 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg (2 g)
- Olive oil
- First, in a pan with olive oil, fry the garlic and spinach. Salt and pepper.
- Then add two eggs, off the heat. Mix everything well and reserve.
- Later make a puree with the carrots and season with salt, pepper. Then add an egg off the heat, mix evenly and set aside.
- Make a mash with the potatoes. Then add an egg off the heat, half of the butter and nutmeg. Season and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to moderate temperature.
- Grease an oven-safe mold with the remaining butter, in the way you want.
- Put the mashed potatoes first. Smooth well. Then place the spinach without forgetting to smooth the preparation so that it is uniform.
- Finally, add the carrot puree. Press with the back of the spoon so that the preparation is even.
- If you want you can repeat some of the layers of vegetables.
- Cover the mold with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a moment before unmolding.
Quick Vegetable Pudding
Ingredients for 4 people
- ½ red pepper
- 1 carrot
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 3 asparagus
- 2 cups of fresh spinach (100 g)
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Olive oil
- ½ glass of skim milk (100 ml)
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- First, heat a frying pan with a drizzle of oil. Chop the onion into small cubes and fry.
- Cut the pepper and asparagus in the same way and add to the onion. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the carrots, also cut into small pieces, and the leek into strips. Cook for a few more minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 10 minutes; then add to the pan. Spinach should be added raw, without chopping.
- Let cook a moment more, until the spinach reduces in size.
- Besides, soak the bread with the milk. When the bread begins to unravel, add it to the vegetable sauce. Join well and put out the fire. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to moderate temperature. Cover a pudding tin with greaseproof paper.
- On the other hand, beat the eggs. Salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetable sauce in the mold and add the beaten eggs on top. Hit the mold on the work table, so that the preparation is well integrated.
- Bake in a bain-marie for approximately 20 minutes. The pudding is ready if, when you put a toothpick in the center, it comes out dry.
- At that time, remove from the oven, unmold and let it warm before serving.
Béchamel sauce to accompany the vegetable pudding
An excellent option to liven up the vegetable pudding is to accompany it with a delicious béchamel sauce, which is also very easy to prepare. Next, we see his basic recipe.
- 2 cups of milk (500 ml)
- 2 ½ tablespoons of butter, margarine or vegetable oil (50 g)
- 4 tablespoons of flour (50 g)
- A pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg
- First, in a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil.
- Second, apart, in a deep frying pan, melt the butter, margarine or heat the oil. These fatty ingredients can also be mixed in.
- Then add the flour and stir until it turns golden.
- Remove later from the heat and add the boiled milk, mix well and return to a low heat. With a wooden spoon or whisk, do not stop stirring the mixture until it takes shape and bubbles are formed on the surface.
- Finally, remove from heat and season. Serve with the pudding.