Did you know that it is possible to prepare delicious recipes suitable for people with diabetes, even desserts? Discover some options here.
The first World Diabetes Report published by the World Health Organization estimated that in 2014 around 422 million adults worldwide had diabetes. Basically, diabetes is a disease caused by an imbalance in the production of glucose in the blood. For this reason, taking care of your diet is important, as well as knowing the best recipes for people with diabetes.
5 recipes for people with diabetes
When preparing food for a person suffering from diabetes, it is essential to take into account the ingredients to be used. According to the recommendations of the National Library of Medicine of the United States, you should consider, for example, that you not only have to limit the consumption of foods high in sugar, but also pay attention to the amount of carbohydrates that are ingested.
On the other hand, whole foods are recommended over refined flours. This is because they release energy slowly, avoiding causing possible insulin spikes.
For this recipe (also recommended for those who want to lose weight) you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 sachets of unflavored gelatin.
- Half a cup of chopped celery.
- Half a cup of grated carrot.
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms filleted.
- Half a cup of chopped cherry tomatoes.
- 6 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- Salt and pepper.
- Hydrate the gelatin with water and then let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and then two cups of boiling water.
- Leave in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Then add the vegetables and also salt and pepper.
- Pour into a flan mold and leave in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- The only thing you have to do afterwards is to carefully disassemble when serving and eat cold.
- It is a very good idea for hot days or also as a starter.
Tuna and rice bread
A dish more than delicious and above all, suitable for diabetics. It’s simple to prepare, and it can also get you out of trouble when you don’t know what to cook.
- 1 can of natural tuna loin.
- Half a cup of brown rice.
- Half a cup of chopped onions.
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 1 egg.
- 150 grams of tomato puree.
- 2 clear.
- 2 tablespoons of defatted broth.
- half a teaspoon of paprika.
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- 1 teaspoon thyme or oregano.
- 1/4 teaspoon curry.
- Salt and pepper.
- To prepare this bread, you must mix the tuna with the rice.
- Then add the celery and garlic. Salt and pepper and reserve.
- In another container, place 1 an egg and the 2 whites and then beat.
- Add the tomato puree, the broth, the parsley and also the spices.
- Then pour into the previous preparation and mix until everything is integrated.
- The next step is to place in a greased pudding mold, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove the paper and cook 10 more minutes.
- Served hot with tomato sauce on top.
Also known as “zucchini”, they provide only 14 calories per 100 grams. For this reason, they are usually incorporated into weight loss diets on a regular basis.
- 3 zucchini.
- 100 grams of skim ricotta.
- 1 egg.
- Skim white cheese.
- Cooked ham.
- Salt, pepper and paprika.
- Optional: 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- Cut the zucchini in half (in equal parts) and then peel them.
- Chop the pulp in a container and add the cheese, the egg and also the ham. Season to taste and then mix well.
- Refill the zucchini and if you wish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and paprika as well.
- Heat a frying pan with a little vegetable oil and then place one by one until golden brown. In addition, it is recommended to cover them so that they cook better.
This legume is widely used in Arab cuisine thanks to its many properties. You can use it without problem in your meals if you are diabetic. In this case, we present you some ideal snacks for when hunger strikes us before dinner or also as a delicious and permissible starter.
- 500 grams of cooked chickpeas.
- 3 chives.
- 1 clove of minced garlic.
- A tablespoon of oatmeal.
- 1 egg.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Salt and pepper
- Put half a cup of water in a saucepan, cook the chives and also the minced garlic for about 8 minutes. With the lid and also over moderate heat.
- Meanwhile, process the cooked chickpeas and add egg, oatmeal, and also parsley.
- Place the ready chives, salt and also pepper. You will get a homogeneous paste.
- Divide into 12 servings in the shape of balls.
- In a frying pan, place vegetable oil and place the chickpea balls, cook about 4 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Every two bites you will consume 28 grams of carbohydrates and also 33 mg of cholesterol.
Tiramisu suitable for diabetics
It is one of the most delicious desserts that is enjoyed in the whole world. But many diabetics miss out on eating it thinking that it is forbidden for them. Nothing is further from reality, try this tiramisu recipe for diabetics.
For the sponge cake
- 2 eggs
- 8 clear.
- 1 tablespoon of water.
- 5 tablespoons of powdered sweetener.
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- 100 grams of self-rising flour.
For the cream
- 200 grams of skim white cheese.
- 1 tablespoon of skim vanilla yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon of port.
- 3 clear.
- 4 tablespoons of powdered sweetener.
For the assembly
- 150 cm3 of coffee.
- Bitter cocoa suitable for diabetics.
- Mint leaves.
- Coffee beans.
Although it has a lot of ingredients, the preparation is not complicated.
- For the cake you must beat the whites until stiff, add the eggs, water and also the sweetener.
- Then add the essence and the flour together with the starch. Integrate everything very well.
- Pour onto a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in a preheated oven over moderate heat for 10 minutes. Let cool and then unmold.
- For the cream, mix the white cheese, the unflavored gelatin (hydrated with lemon juice and also cooked for 30 seconds in the microwave) and the yogurt in a container .
- Add the port, the sweetener and the egg whites.
- Finally for the assembly, cut sponge cake circles, moisten with coffee and pour a portion of the cream.
- Cover with another circle, then drizzle with coffee and so on.
- Sprinkle with bitter cocoa and also garnish with coffee beans and mint leaves. It is served very cold.
What do you think of these delicious recipes for people with diabetes? They are so tasty that no one will realize that they are low in sugar and suitable for a diabetic menu.