The Spanish Heart Foundation suggests consuming 3 to 4 servings of fish a week as part of a balanced and healthy diet, considering it a very complete food from a nutritional point of view. For this reason, we want to share with you a fish fillet recipe that you will love. Ready to do it at home?
The fish fillet is that portion that is obtained by cutting the meat of the fish long, parallel to the spine. Also, during this process, the scales are removed. Now, its preparations are many, since it can be combined with herbs, spices, vegetables and other ingredients. Read on to learn how to prepare this food properly.
Options to prepare your fish fillet
Before knowing the recipes to make fish fillet, let’s do a brief review on its nutritional properties. A recent publication in the Nutrients magazine , points out that it is a food rich in omega 3 fatty acids, protein, vitamin D, iodine and selenium. The intake of these nutrients is associated with a lower degree of oxidation and systemic inflammation, which benefits health.
Of course, this nutritional content can vary depending on the type of fish. Our recommended ones are: trout, salmon, tuna and cod. Choose the one you like the most and adapt it to the following recipes.
1. Fried fish fillet
In culinary art, a steak is a sliced cut of a type of meat. As it is fish, the cut is carried out longitudinally, that is, from the side of the fish from the tail to the head.
- 1 medium egg (60 g).
- 3 teaspoons of salt (15 g).
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour (50 g).
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (50 mL).
- The juice of 3 large lemons (50 mL).
- 3 fish of the type you like the most (2 kg).
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper (5 g).
- First, you need to cut the fish into fillets. This means that you will have to cut it in half from head to tail. Remember to remove the viscera and leave the gills.
- Then marinate the fish in a bowl with the lemon juice and salt for 30 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.
- Next, beat an egg in a large bowl and place the cup of wheat flour on a plate.
- When the marinating time has elapsed, spread the fish fillets with egg and then with flour.
- Then heat a pan with the olive oil and fry the fish until it is very golden on both sides.
- Finally, let it cool and serve with tomato or French fries.
2. Fish fillet “sweaty”
In gastronomy there are many terms that are used to describe certain food preparation techniques. Sweat comes from the French word “suer” with reference to the action of cooking vegetables and meats to exude their juice and fibrousness.
From a nutritional point of view, it is a healthier preparation method than fried foods. Fried foods, because they subject vegetable oils to high temperatures, contain trans-type lipids in their composition. It has been shown that ingesting these substances on a regular basis is detrimental to the development of certain complex pathologies.
- 2 teaspoons of salt (10 g).
- 1 teaspoon of oregano (5 g).
- 1 onion, diced (100 g).
- 3 diced tomatoes (150 g).
- 5 tablespoons of chopped coriander (75 g).
- 4 fish fillets (2 kg of sea bass).
- 4 crushed garlic cloves (6 g).
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper (5 g).
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (45 mL).
- 1/2 cup of fish broth (50 mL).
- 5 tablespoons of pepper cream (60 mL).
- First, season the steaks with the salt, garlic and pepper. Then let it absorb the flavor.
- Next, fry the onion and tomatoes with the pepper cream for 5 minutes.
- Then, remove from the heat and add the coriander and oregano.
- Then, spread this dressing over the fillets and bring them to sweat in a saucepan over medium heat with the fish stock and cover. This takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Remember not to let the fish dry out. So add a little more water if necessary.
- Finally, serve and accompany your fish fillet with chips or some salad; Another possible garnish can be a rich white rice (jasmine, as it is very aromatic and delicious).
Prepare fish fillets to improve the quality of the diet
Did you like these recipes with fish? Try them and surely they will seem exquisite. Also, remember that they are highly recommended, as their nutrients help promote well-being. Remember to combine these ingredients with vegetables in abundance to help prevent the development of diseases.