Salt is a food that we use in our daily life. But we have to reduce its consumption, as it can be harmful to our health. Do you want to know 7 natural substitutes for salt?
Salt is one of the foods that by tradition, custom and flavor, we frequently include in our diet, as it is perfect for enhancing the flavor of our meals.
However, research has found that excessive salt consumption can lead to problems in our health, which will be reflected over the years and will be very difficult to treat.
Our body needs salt, but in minimal amounts; The worrying thing about it is that most people consume salt daily and in amounts that exceed more than double the recommended dose.
Taking into account that it is recommended to reduce salt intake to lead a healthy lifestyle and prevent problems such as fluid retention, hypertension, cardiovascular problems, among others, this time we are going to present you some natural substitutes for salt.
You can season your food with mustard before or after serving them at the table, in fact, both white and red meat go perfectly with mustard, this thanks to the fact that it helps the meats to marinate, giving them a slightly salty flavor but at the same time very tasty.
These seeds are mostly good when it comes to spicing up salads. Go! Try using sunflower seeds in your salads the next time you prepare them, then add a few drops of lemon, olive oil and you have a more than perfect salad.
You must put a garlic to roast next to the white and red meats, when doing so, you will notice that they still have a flavor of the same garlic and at the same time you will obtain a salty flavor, necessary so as not to have the need to use salt.
Soy sauce has a lower sodium content, therefore it becomes a more than pertinent alternative to stop eating salt. Regardless of whether you already have food on the table, you can season your food with soy. A little splash of soy sauce and you’re done.
When using onion powder you must be very careful, since its flavor is quite concentrated. It should not be confused with onion salt because they are completely different products.
Lemon will add a very exotic flavor to your meals, you can use it to season foods when you are preparing them and even after they have been prepared (thus you will achieve a fresher flavor). We must bear in mind that lemon juice does not go well with all foods.
Fresh black pepper
When you use fresh black pepper you will not think again of salt to season your food; We must bear in mind that if we talk about fresh black pepper, it is the one that we grind at home and not the one that they already sell processed.
More alternatives with their respective benefits:
- Garlic: It is antifungal, antibacterial and fights parasites.
- Turmeric: It is anti-inflammatory, protects against Alzheimer’s, prevents the development and proliferation of cancer cells.
- Oregano: It is nature’s number one antifungal, super antioxidant, adjunct to the respiratory system, could have anticancer potential and protects healthy cells.
- Parsley: It is an intestinal deodorant, it protects against bad breath, it is a diuretic food.
- Ginger: Helps promote digestion, also works as an antiviral against colds and relieves nausea.
- Cayenne Pepper: Helps protect against cardiovascular diseases, contributes to heart problems, relieves hemorrhoids; among other things.
- Cumin: This helps fight colds and helps digestion.
- Basil: It is an intestinal deodorant, it contributes to digestion.
Recipes that can be prepared with natural ingredients
Proceed to mix the following ingredients in a glass container:
- 1 tablespoon of dried onion.
- 1 tablespoon of dried garlic (without salt).
- ½ tablespoon thyme.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- ½ tablespoon of oregano.
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
As above, proceed to mix the ingredients in a glass container.
- 1 / Teaspoon of cúruma.
- ½ teaspoon of ginger.
- 1 tablespoon of garlic.
- Zest of half a lemon.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil.