Ready to make a healthy and simple ham and cheese cake recipe? Don’t worry about wasting time, as it will be ready to serve in 10 minutes.
This recipe does not have much difficulty and can be prepared even at work at lunchtime, it is also a good idea to teach our children to defend themselves in the kitchen.
For a quick dinner it is also a good option.
Microwave ham and cheese cake recipe
- 10 slices of sliced bread
- 20 slices of ham
- 20 slices of gouda cheese
- 250 ml of liquid milk
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 100 g cream cheese
- Grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- Spices to taste
- A mold, preferably rectangular, suitable for microwaves
- First, place the ham slices on the bottom and the sides of the mold .
- Then take each of the mold loaves and dip them in the milk.
- Put a layer of sliced bread.
- Then a layer of cream cheese spread.
- Add a few slices of ham, slices of cheese and cover with another layer of sliced bread.
- Repeat with cream cheese, ham, and gouda or other yellow cheese. American type cheese or a mix of both is a good option.
- Make a series of four layers or until you reach a little less the top of the mold.
- At this point, mix the egg with the heavy cream, salt, pepper and spices to taste.
- Add this mixture over the ham and cheese cake.
- Finish by adding the Parmesan cheese. This cheese is also to taste, you can replace it with more gouda cheese, but this time grated.
- Microwave for 10 minutes.
- Also, wait for the cake to rest a bit and cut it into pieces.
- Another way to prepare this recipe is by adding liquid caramel before placing the ham slices that somehow line the mold. That way, when cooked, the ham will darken and get a flavor of ironed ham.
Data of interest
This is a simple and quick preparation that children can prepare, since there is no risk of burns.
You can prepare it in a different way:
- Try adding cured ham to the filling .
- A hot chili jam on top of cream cheese is delicious.
- Another way to prepare this cake is by dispensing with sliced bread and using cake dough. In a microwave-safe tart pan, place the dough disc.
- Prepare the egg shake, milk, pieces of ham, grated cheese, bacon, mushrooms, crystallized onions and really, all the combinations that you can think of. Fill the cake with this shake, cover it with another cake disk. Prick with a fork and microwave for 10 minutes. Something very similar to a quiche will come out.
As the combinations of this cake are limitless. You can make one flavored with capresa, Mediterranean, a smoked salmon or tuna pie, roast beef, hard boiled eggs, caper sauce, crab paste.
This ham and cheese cake should be eaten at the time of its preparation. Although we do not doubt it, it will surely disappear as soon as it is ready to serve.
Enjoy this delicious recipe and share it with family and friends. They are sure to love it.