There are different names for this preparation. Some know it as “rolled”, others as “covered”, and they also call them wrap ; And because they are filled with a very delicious ingredient, we will call it a shrimp wrap . Do you dare to try them?
The wrap shrimp are great to eat at any time of day. They do not have major complications and fulfill a very important nutritional role.
Shrimp belong to the crustacean family and stand out for their high nutritional value. According to information published in SELF Nutrition Data , it provides more than 20 different vitamins and minerals, among which the B complex vitamins and selenium stand out.
On the other hand, it is a food rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Due to this, its consumption is associated with benefits for cardiovascular health, as highlighted by a study published in Nutrition Research and Practice .
Of course, we must consider that we combine it with other ingredients that add calories. Therefore, although they are very nutritious, they should be consumed in moderate portions. Do you dare to try them?
Easy shrimp wrap recipes
If you want to surprise your family with a delicious and healthy dish, choose to make one of these shrimp wraps recipes . They are easy to prepare, they are ready in a matter of minutes and you can enjoy them in both main meals and snacks.
1. Classic shrimp wrap
This recipe teaches you exactly what the original ingredients are so you can make it the traditional way.
- 1 cup of cleaned shrimp (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (30 ml)
- 2 fresh celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce (30 ml)
- ½ cabbage cut into thin strips
- 4 wheat flour tortillas
- 1 pinch of salt
- Prepare a medium saucepan with a pinch of salt, enough water and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Next, cook the shrimp for 5 to 8 minutes until done.
- Then, let them cool a bit, drain the water and proceed to cut them in half. Reservation.
- In a bowl, prepare the sauce for the filling: mix the mayonnaise with the celery leaves, the hot sauce, the lemon juice and a little more salt and stir everything very well.
- To finish, prepare an omelette and place the shrimp on top and then add the previously made sauce. Divide into halves and voila.
2. Shrimp and avocado wrap
In countries like Mexico, or almost all those belonging to Central America, this recipe is almost a tradition. Also know how you should do to carry it out.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 wheat tortillas
- 5 cups with cleaned shrimp (500 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of Teriyaki sauce (30 ml)
- ½ cup of arugula (30 g)
- 2 tablespoon of salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper (15 g)
- Start by sautéing the shrimp with a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce and keep on the heat for 2 minutes. Then withdraw.
- Cut the avocado or avocado into slices. They do not have to be uniform.
- So that you can achieve the assembly of the shrimp wrap, place two slices of avocado with the chopped red pepper and arugula and season with pepper and salt. Stir everything very well.
- Finally, add the shrimp and roll without dropping anything. You can now enjoy your creation.
Which of these two shrimp wrap recipes did you like the most? We recommend that you prepare both. They are simply delicious and will help you quench your hunger without regrets.