Vestibular neuritis is an inflammation that occurs in a nerve in the inner ear whose function is balance. When a virus that comes from an infection of the respiratory or gastrointestinal system damages it, it causes dizziness, vertigo and nausea. You want to know more?
Vestibular neuritis, what are its symptoms?
Vestibular neuritis usually clears up within weeks. However, some people have a residual imbalance from this inflammation that causes constant dizziness if they move their head too fast or get out of bed quickly. The following natural remedies can come in handy for this situation.
The symptoms of vestibular neuronitis consist of an isolated attack of intense vertigo, with nausea, vomiting, and persistent nystagmus towards the affected side, lasting 7 to 10 days. Nystagmus is unidirectional, horizontal, and spontaneous, with rapid oscillations in the direction of the unaffected ear.
Try these natural remedies
1. Ginger infusion
Some of the benefits of consuming this plant is that it facilitates weight loss, is an excellent diuretic, stimulates the digestive system and helps to keep the immune system strong.
As for the contributions on vestibular neuritis, ginger also helps to calm nausea and dizziness, allowing us to feel much better. The way to consume it for this purpose is as an infusion. To do it you will need to follow the following steps:
- Heat some water in a container by putting it over low heat
- When the water starts to boil, add 1 ginger root and wait about 2 minutes
- After this time, turn off the heat and let the infusion cool down a bit before drinking it.
2. Extract from the leaves of the Ginkgo Biloba tree
Ginkgo Biloba can be found in natural stores in the form of capsules or as a liquid extract in bottles. Also, we can obtain it in leaves to take it as an infusion.
Its most characteristic property is that it is very effective in combating circulation problems. But it will also help us with vestibular neuritis, as different studies point out.
- Infusion : if we choose this option, we will follow the same steps that we have taken for the ginger infusion, only in this case we will use Ginkgo Biloba leaves
- Capsules : we will follow the recommendations that will appear on the container that contains them or those indicated by the people who sell them and who have knowledge about their use
- Drops : they can be added to a glass of water or even to a juice. Also, we must follow the instructions indicated on the container in which they come.
3. Celery juice
If we want to take advantage of its benefits to treat the symptoms of vestibular neuritis, the best way to consume it is by preparing a juice. To do this, we must follow the following indications:
- Wash six celery stalks well and separate them from the leaves
- Cut the stems into medium pieces and check that they are clean
- Add the celery pieces and blend them in the blender
- When you get a medium liquid consistency, add between half a liter and a liter of water, depending on how you want the consistency to be.
You can add some sweetener so that the juice tastes much better. However, what is important is that we put it in the fridge since drinking it fresh will help us relieve the feeling of vertigo and dizziness.
4. Infusion with black pepper
In addition to its use as a seasoning, black pepper can help reduce the symptoms of vestibular neuritis. To achieve this, it is important to take it in an infusion. You just have to heat water and add a pinch of black pepper, lemon and salt. It is important that they are small amounts.
Do you suffer from vestibular neuritis? Have you ever tried any of the natural remedies mentioned? If there is any other that has worked for you, we would like you to share it with us.