Although this soap is very effective in balancing oily skin, we must combine its use with a proper diet to help the body also from within
Oily skin needs specific cosmetic products. It is essential to regulate the production of sebum in a natural way.
If we use synthetic ingredients we run the risk of altering the protective layer of the skin and suffering, in the long term, skin dryness.
Discover in this article the simple recipe to make a homemade glycerin, lemon and mint soap, cleanser and refreshing.
Causes of oily skin
Although they can always be related to genetic factors, the main cause of oily skin is usually an unbalanced diet. However, hormonal issues can also play a role, especially in adolescence.
In many cases, excess sebum often leads to open pores, impurities, and acne. The most appropriate treatment is based on a good diet and the use of specific natural cosmetic products.
The right diet
To balance oily skin in a healthy way we must start with a good diet:
- Reduce the consumption of sugar and sweets : We can choose stevia, honey or coconut sugar and make our own homemade sweets.
- Replace harmful fats (sausages, margarine, fried, precooked, industrial pastries) with beneficial fats (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, oily fish, ghee, nuts and seeds, etc.).
- Always choose whole foods rich in their own fiber.
- Include in each meal a good portion of raw vegetables (celery, chard, spinach, arugula, radishes, etc.), in salad, juice or smoothie.
Natural and homemade soap
This soap has some ingredients with very effective medicinal properties for oily skin:
- Lemon: This citrus fruit has a high cleansing and astringent power. It refreshes the skin, cleanses the pores and even prevents and eliminates facial blemishes. Its antiseptic power is also very effective in cases of impurities and acne.
- Mint: Mint stands out for its refreshing, balancing and antiseptic virtues.
- Beeswax: Beeswax, in addition to solidifying our homemade cosmetics, also protects, hydrates and soothes the skin. It also facilitates healing in cases of acne.
- Aloe vera gel: This ingredient is ideal for oily skin, as it hydrates without adding fat. It also has healing and soothing properties, which reduce acne inflammation.
- 1 bar of glycerin soap (100 g)
- 1 piece of beeswax (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (30 g)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh mint leaves
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil
Note : We can also add lemon essential oil to enhance the citrus aroma.
- Glass container that fits inside the casserole
- Stirring spoon
- Soap molds
What should you do?
- In the first place, we will put water to boil in the saucepan to introduce the glass container inside. Inside we will put the glycerin tablet and the beeswax so that they melt in a water bath.
- Then, we will mix the two ingredients well until they are well integrated.
- Afterwards, we will turn off the heat and continue with the mixture in the pot, already out of the pan.
- Next, we will add the aloe vera gel and the lemon juice, continuing to mix.
- When the preparation is warm (but not hardened) we will add the essential oil. It is done at room temperature so as not to damage the properties of the oil.
- Later, we will put the liquid in the molds and add the mint leaves. These will give the soaps a very nice and natural look.
- Finally, we will let the soaps cool until the next day and it will be ready to use.
How to use?
- We will use this soap in the morning and at night. When we wake up, we will wash our face before using the facial toner and moisturizer.
- At night, after removing make-up, we will wash our skin with soap to remove toxins and impurities. We should always hydrate the skin after using the soap.
If we want to avoid moisturizing lotions due to their fat content, we can opt for aloe vera gel, coconut oil or jojoba oil.