If we combine the delicious and juicy blueberries with the ingredients of a rich sponge cake, the result cannot be less than a super delicious blueberry sponge cake.
Pay attention to the following recipes, ideal to accompany your breakfasts or snacks.
Blueberry sponge cake with natural yogurt
This first recipe that we share is typical of the United States, where blueberries are frequently consumed, either alone, in smoothies or in sweets.
- 300 grams of blueberries
- 165 grams of flour
- 5 eggs
- 230 grams of sugar
- 130 grams of butter
- 1 pot of natural yogurt
- 110 grams of peeled almonds
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Line a mold with aluminum foil and grease with a little butter.
- Cover completely with the blueberries (if you want you can pour a little blueberry jam on top).
- In a bowl, add the eggs and sugar and beat well until you get a smooth, white cream.
- Add the butter at room temperature, the vanilla essence, the yogurt and continue mixing.
- Crush the almonds until they are like a powder and add to the previously sifted flour and yeast (another option is to use almond flour directly).
- Pour into the previous mixture of eggs, sugar, yogurt and butter and stir well to obtain a dough.
- Pour in the mold with the blueberries and bake for 40 minutes (check that it is ready if when you click in the center with a stick it comes out dry).
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Unmold and cut into portions of the size you want.
Blueberry and mascarpone sponge cake
In this case, in addition to the blueberries, the other protagonist of this cake is the mascarpone cheese, the same one used for tiramisu, a typical Italian dessert.
- 150 grams of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams of mascarpone cheese
- 150 grams of sunflower oil
- 250 grams of flour
- 125 ml milk
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1 bag of dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- Beat the eggs and sugar to make them white.
- Pour in the oil and mascarpone cheese without stopping beating.
- Sift the flour with the yeast and add to the mixture.
- Pour in the milk and stir well so that you have a homogeneous mass.
- Add the blueberries to the mixture and stir so that they are evenly distributed.
- Grease a baking dish with a little butter and pour all the cake batter with blueberries.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and cool on the counter before enjoying, for example, with vanilla ice cream.
Blueberry sponge cake with oatmeal
This third recipe makes 8 servings and the total preparation time is approximately 1 hour. Besides blueberries, oats are the main protagonist of the story.
- 220 grams of whole wheat flour
- 100 grams of oat flakes
- 100 grams of sugar (it can be brown)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 200 grams of yogurt
- 150 ml of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon and a half baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 grams of dehydrated blueberries
- Assemble the egg and the white with the sugar.
- When it has raised its volume a little, add the yogurt, oil and orange juice little by little while mixing.
- In another bowl add the remaining dry ingredients (yeast, whole wheat flour and salt).
- Make a hole in the center and slowly incorporate the liquid mixture (of eggs, yogurt, oil and juice).
- Stir a little to integrate everything.
- Finally add the blueberries and distribute them well.
- Grease a baking dish with a little butter and pour the preparation.
- Cover with the rolled oats and bake for 45 minutes.