Salt and fat are those two great enemies of the population, two silent pumps that are installed in our body and that, little by little, are causing havoc: hypertension, increased bad cholesterol, overweight, kidney dysfunctions, heart problems. Here are some tips to cleanse the body and body of excess salt and fat.
All of these problems are largely due to bad habits and, above all, a food culture that encourages low-quality, nutrient-free, high-salt and high-fat food. We also have to become aware that this is not an exclusive problem of adult society, at all. In recent years, the rates of childhood obesity are also worrying.
How about starting today to improve our habits and strive for a better quality of life? Great! The first step will then be to purify your body and eliminate excess salt and fat in your body. Take note! Recipes to eliminate excess salt and fat from the body:
1. Parsley and lemon smoothie
This smoothie is ideal to drink throughout the day, being very important that you drink the first glass on an empty stomach as soon as you get up. It will help us purify the body and eliminate excess salt, facilitating kidney function. In addition, it is a powerful antioxidant rich in vitamins that will allow us to start our metabolism to burn fat, thanks especially to the lemon juice.
According to this study by the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and published in PloS one , the lemon is a good anti – inflammatory very beneficial for our body.
For its part, celery has interesting antioxidant properties, as stated in this research by the Thailand Institute of Scientific and Technological Research .
For a good purification, it would be advisable to take this smoothie for three days in a row. Take note of what to do.
- 5 sprigs of clean parsley.
- One lemon’s juice.
- 1 liter of water.
- The first thing we will do is bring that liter of water to a boil. Once hot, add those five branches of parsley so that it cooks properly for 20 minutes. After that time, turn off the heat and allow it to sit for an hour.
- Next step? Strain the contents and keep the resulting water, to later add the juice of a lemon. Although the flavor is a bit strong, it is really effective in eliminating excess salt from the body. Take it throughout the day at room temperature, the first on an empty stomach and the next, 20 minutes after your meals.
2. Strawberry lemon water
Strawberry water, in addition to being a delicious and refreshing drink, is an excellent diuretic remedy to purify fats, to obtain a good supply of vitamins and minerals and, in turn, eliminate fat thanks to fiber, according to this study carried out by Oklahoma State University, USA, and published in the Journal of nutrition and metabolism. It will also help you eliminate fluid retention produced by excess salt in the body.
- 10 clean strawberries.
- 1 liter of water.
- One lemon’s juice.
- It is really easy to prepare. If you wish, you can take the parsley smoothie for three days in a row, and then continue with this strawberry water-based treatment that will complete, throughout the week, our goal of eliminating excess salt and grease.
- The first thing we will do is bring that liter of water to a boil. Then, cut the strawberries in half and bring them to this hot water to allow them to cook for half an hour. The strawberries should be very soft. When you see that they have already extracted all their juice, remove them and strain the content.
- The next step is to take this water to a jug and add the juice of a lemon. Add a few ice cubes and drink it chilled throughout the day, especially after your meals.
3. How to substitute salt in your meals
Believe it or not, there are really tasty and suitable options to replace the salt in our dishes. do you want to know what is it about? Take note and test them. You will see how you do not miss the salt at any time. It’s a matter of “changing the chip” and always choosing healthier alternatives:
- The rosemary.
- Black pepper
- The curry.
4. We have to sweat more!
Excess salt and fat are eliminated and burned by sweating, starting our heart and exercising our body. We know, sometimes it costs, we don’t have time and it is difficult to find that gap. However, you must bear in mind that these two great enemies are the most dangerous, the ones that can cause the most damage to your health, so why not start “sweating” today? You have to eliminate toxins!
It would be ideal for you to practice any of these exercises:
- Run 20 minutes.
- Walk half an hour at a brisk pace.
- Go by bike for half an hour.
5. Drink more water!
We recommend it many times in our space. Drinking water is necessary, since it is vital for our body, according to this study by the Spanish Society of Basic and Applied Nutrition, but it is even more so in those moments when we suffer from an excess of salt, when we feel more bloated than usual. normal or when, for example, we see that our ankles are very swollen.
Generally, swollen ankles are usually a sign of poor kidney function, so do not hesitate to drink a little more water each day (between 8 and 9 glasses). You will eliminate excess salt and fat, you will promote the health of your organs and all this will allow you to purify your body and those stored fats. Keep these simple tips in mind!