The lemon diet is a strict diet with which we can endanger our health.
It is a “miracle diet” that promises rapid weight loss. However, it is associated with a subsequent rebound effect that will cause us to regain all the lost weight and even gain a few kilos above.
When it comes to losing weight, we usually try a thousand remedies, endless diets and curious tricks with which we hope, at least, lose a few grams.
Something that we must bear in mind is that not all bodies are the same. Your metabolism may be a bit slower and it may cost you more to burn fat. However, with a proper diet, will and some exercise we can achieve it.
However, and despite the fact that following a diet based on lemons is not advisable, we can benefit from its regular consumption with the following tricks. Our health will pay off.
Yes to start the day with a glass of warm water with lemon
The first thing we must be clear about is that this citrus, by itself, will not destroy the fats in our body or prevent the body from storing them.
However, its intake involves a strong injection of vitamin C and antioxidant compounds that can improve our energy and vitality.
Thus, one of the first keys to carry out this diet in a healthy way is to drink a glass of warm water with lemon every day:
- We will drink it on an empty stomach, because it is on an empty stomach that we best receive its active ingredients.
- Try not to use any sweetener. If you notice that the juice of a lemon is too intense, just include half or a little less. Find your perfect dose and benefit from it.
Season your meals with lemon
There are theories that defend that the intake of lemon allows to alkalize the body and therefore improve health. This principle is wrong. The human body presents an unalterable homeostatic mechanism managed mainly by the renal system. In this way it is not possible to vary the pH of the organism.
However, lemon, despite lacking this capacity, can provide nutrients that improve physiological functions. Therefore, do not hesitate to follow the following tips:
- When dressing your salads, you can substitute the vinegar for a splash of lemon juice.
- Prepare grilled chicken breasts with lemon juice.
- An excellent dinner would be, for example, some artichokes with olive oil and lemon juice.
Add a few drops of lemon juice to your water bottles
We all find it a bit boring to drink water. It is somewhat insipid and it is always difficult to get to consume the liter and a half or two liters that is recommended per day.
Something as easy as including the juice of half a lemon in a liter and a half bottle can make it not only easier, but more beneficial:
- A large intake of water increases diuresis, therefore the symptoms of fluid retention are improved.
- Nor can we forget that lemon helps us fight constipation.
- Another interesting fact is that thanks to this citrus you will enjoy better digestion.
- Our liver optimizes its functions thanks to its high content of antioxidants, and remember: a healthier liver is key to being able to lose weight more easily.
Cinnamon and lemon tea for mid-afternoon
- The juice of ½ lemon and its peel.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200 ml of water (1 glass)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- This delicious cinnamon and lemon tea will suit you very well in the afternoon. You can take it between two and four times a week.
- With this natural drink you will not only improve your digestion, but you will also get an anti-inflammatory effect for those days when you feel a bloated belly or some fluid retention.
- To do this, you just have to heat the glass of water and add the cinnamon stick, the peel of half a lemon and that tablespoon of honey to the infusion. Allow it to be on the fire for 15 minutes and then let it rest for a few minutes.
- Already in the cup, we include the juice of half a lemon (in this way we preserve its essential oils). You will see how good it suits you.
Final points about regular lemon consumption
These tips outlined here should be complemented with a varied and balanced diet, where an adequate supply of proteins, vitamins and minerals should not be lacking.
Also do not forget that it is necessary to lead an active life. We don’t have to go to the gym every day, but we do have to keep our bodies active in order to burn fat more effectively and healthily.
We do not seek to carry out a “restrictive diet” that makes us lose our health. We want lemon to be that complement that makes it easier for us to lose a few kilos every day. And it will do so for the following aspects:
- They will improve our digestions.
- We will take care of the health of our liver.
- We will better purify toxins and combat fluid retention.
- We will increase the amount of vitamins in our diet
Dare to put these tips into practice!