Contrary to what may be believed, there are people who have difficulties gaining weight. In this case, it is necessary to carry out a diet that increases the caloric intake through healthy and nutritious foods. Therefore, today we are going to present you 3 recipes with vegetables to gain weight.
In any case, remember that it is important to consult the opinion of a professional. Keep in mind that eating vegetables has been associated with better health. That is why they should appear in the diet frequently.
Why should you gain weight?
Laura González, head of Health and Nutrition at Nestlé in Spain, explained to Efesalud that it is important to get the right weight. This is because body fat functions as a metabolically active organ, which provides the necessary energy for us to carry out our daily activities.
In this sense, he pointed out that it is essential to treat low weight with a specialist in order not to suffer from anemia, bone or muscle weakness. Vegetables are important for this task. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends eating 400 grams of fruits and vegetables a day.
Although vegetables are not characterized by being high in carbohydrates or calories, they can act as an important nutritional source. However, today we tell you that these recipes with vegetables to gain weight can add carbohydrates and calories to the daily diet.
In fact, all vegetables that grow on the surface of the earth are low in carbohydrates, while those that grow below contain higher levels of carbohydrates and calories. This feature will allow you to plan your preparations much better.
3 recipes with vegetables to gain weight
Here are 3 recipes with vegetables to gain weight, since they provide a high energy and nutritional level, ideal for taking care of your body and your mental health.
1. Brown rice with olives, almonds and dried tomatoes
First of all, for rice lovers we bring you this innovative recipe. Keep in mind that, thanks to the contribution of nuts, this preparation has shown anti-inflammatory abilities. This is due to the omega 3 content.
- 1 ½ cup of brown rice (300 g).
- 3 cups of vegetable broth (750 g).
- 2 dried tomatoes
- ½ cup of sliced toasted almonds (75 g).
- 1 onion.
- 1 clove garlic.
- ½ cup of pitted black olives (60 g).
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley (5 g).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml).
- 1 teaspoon of fresh basil (5 g).
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest (5 g).
- Salt to taste).
Ingredients for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of mustard (15 ml).
- 1 clove garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar (30 ml).
- First, soak the rice in cold water and, in another container, the dried tomatoes an hour before starting to cook. Next, drain the tomatoes and chop them into medium pieces.
- Next, chop the garlic and onion, and slice the olives.
- Next, heat the vegetable broth and let it boil for a few seconds. Similarly, heat the brown rice in a saucepan and sauté the garlic and onion until transparent.
- Then add the rice, the lemon zest and mix with a spoon for a few minutes. Add the broth and cook for approximately 25 minutes.
- Continue adding the missing ingredients to the previous preparation. Stir little by little and integrate.
- Let go 10 minutes or until rice is to taste.
- On the other hand, for the seasoning, place the vinegar, lemon juice and mustard with the garlic cloves in a mortar.
- Mix well until you have a paste. Add to the rice when it has two minutes to finish cooking. Lastly, serve it hot.
2. Warm broccoli salad
On the other hand, if you want to gain weight, this broccoli salad will help you in your goal. Keep in mind that said vegetable has in its composition phytonutrients capable of preventing the appearance of complex pathologies. This is evidenced by a study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food .
- 1 large broccoli.
- ¼ cup of goat cheese (50 g).
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Provencal herbs (15 g).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (15 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds (15 g).
- 1 teaspoon of mustard (5 ml).
- Salt and black pepper (to taste).
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml).
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar (5 ml).
- First, wash the broccoli and cut it into different sized pieces. Then steam or microwave it.
- Next, cook the eggs in water until hard. Peel and chop the eggs and add them to the broccoli.
- Finished the previous point, crumble the goat cheese and add it to the preparation. Add the Provencal herbs and mix.
- Finally, mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl to make a sauce. Add it to the broccoli and then serve it along with some protein.
3. Garnish of roasted vegetables
Finally, we bring you this simple and delicious garnish of roasted vegetables. Especially carrots stand out for their antioxidant capacity. Its beta carotenes have been shown to be able to prevent macular degeneration and loss of vision.
- 4 carrots
- 2 turnips
- 2 potatoes
- 4 kohlrabi.
- 2 parsnips
- 2 tablespoons of a mixture of Provencal herbs (30 g).
- Juice of ½ lemon.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml).
- 1 teaspoon old-fashioned mustard.
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder (3 g).
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin (3 g).
- Ground pepper and salt (to taste)
- First, preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Next, wash all the vegetables. Then peel and cut the vegetables into sticks.
- Then, mix the lemon juice with the mustard, spices and olive oil in a bowl. Add to vegetables.
- Then, stir the vegetables until they are well moistened with the previous mixture.
- On the other hand, distribute the vegetables on a previously greased tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Finally, stir and return to the oven for 15-20 more minutes.
Prepare recipes with vegetables to gain weight
These three recipes with vegetables to gain weight are ideal, since they provide a high level of nutrients. In fact, they are healthy and perfect to include in any of the three main meals. In this way, they will help you gain weight naturally.
However, it is important that you seek the advice of a professional. Thus, you will have other alternatives that will allow you to gain weight healthily, apart from vegetables to gain weight.